Monday, January 19, 2015

Despite Pacquiao concessions, De La Hoya thinks Mayweather still won't fight Manny


Until Floyd Mayweather puts his name on the dotted line, Oscar De La Hoya wouldn't believe that the unbeaten American champion wants any part of Manny Pacquiao.

The retired fighter made his pronouncement in light of news that Pacquiao and promoter Bob Arum had already agreed to all terms set for a fight with Mayweather.

"I'm not speaking to you as a promoter, I'm speaking to you as a fan. I want that fight to happen, but I have a feeling that it's not going to happen. Bob and Pacquiao already conceded to everything," De La Hoya told BoxingScene.com.

"They have their deal in place, so now they are waiting on Mayweather. I just don't think Mayweather wants to fight Pacquiao. I don't think it's going to happen."

Pacquiao has agreed to details such as the date and venue. Rival American cable television networks HBO and Showtime are also holding negotiations to broadcast the fight together on pay-per-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment