Sunday, January 4, 2015

Pacquiao’s camp confirms Mayweather negotiations are ongoing

In an interview Ring Magazine’s Lem Satterfield, Manny Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz confirmed that there are indeed negotiations for a mega-fight between the eight-division and current WBO welterweight champion versus the number 1 pound-for-pound fighter and WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather.
“We’re still in negotiations with Floyd’s group through Top Rank. I spoke to Manny this morning. I gave Manny what is perceived to be a counter offer from the Mayweather people,” said Koncz.
“We discussed it and now I’ve given instruction to Bob to counter their counter. We’ve been going back and forth. Bob has been negotiating with the powers that be on Floyd’s side for the past couple of weeks. There’s been offers and counter offers, and a couple of days ago Bob called me and gave me allegedly where Floyd’s side is, and I discussed that with Manny two hours ago.”
Immediately after defending his title against Chris Algieri in Macau back in November, Pacquiao called out Mayweather. The undefeated American finally replied in an interview saying that he wants to fight Pacquiao on May 2.
“Now I’ve given Bob our response to that. I’m never overly optimistic until the contract is signed, but the good thing is that we’re still going back and forth,” Koncz ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment